Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 08 - 01 July (Lotte World!)

Today's the first day trip organized by Korea University. Early in the morning 9am (Singapore time 8am), we went down to WooDang Hall to board the bus to Lotte World. Jun was feeling nauseous so he could not make it for the trip. Poor Jun.

Ok, the bus ride took about an hour or so, and after sleeping on the bus made me slightly giddy. Weather was really good for the trip.

Ticket to Lotte World.

Lotte World Entrance!

Paul was the guide today as he has been to Lotte World quite a couple of times, and he told us that this was the perfect place to take a picture of the castle.

Sam (Paul's friend whom he met on the coach) and the 3 of us.

The journey begins..

There's an ice rink inside Lotte World.

This is the first time i'm taking a roller coaster in my life. And I'm really really frightened! Adrenaline just flow out of my ears when I was nearing my first ride in Lotte World. It's considered mild to Paul. But it's definitely not to me. But I survived! HAHA!

 Atlantis Adventure ride! Thrill index: 4.5/5! (Definitely not for weak hearted like me)
Must try ride number 3!

Look at the slope! Ok, for those who like thrills, maybe this is peanuts.

After Atlantis, I'm half dead. Haha. Ok, not that exaggerating. That was my first roller coaster ride! And it was a wonderfully thrilling experience!! The good thing about Lotte World is that they actually have designated areas for you to put your belongings, so you don't have to prepare coins for renting any lockers! And you can collect it right after the ride. Unlike USS in Singapore, where we have to rent lockers.

Next up! Gyro Swing! Paul said that this is the 2nd main ride of the outdoor rides. Atlantis was only 3rd.. But after taking the ride, I felt that Gyro Swing wasn't as scary as Atlantis, maybe because of the cover that covers my head and chest which made it appear pretty secure and safe.

 Gyro Swing. Thrill index: 4/5 (I found it less frightening than Atlantis)

Must try ride number 2!

The round thing rotates when it swings up. It's like an upgrade of Pirates Ship!

It drizzled a bit when we were in the queue, but then the dark clouds went away and it became REAL hot!

Oh, I forgot to mention that for these rides, you can actually reserve the seats. There's this machine where you can scan your ticket and get a receipt of reservation. Then you can return to the ride at the reserved timing. This way, you can avoid the long queues.

TA DA! Behold the must try ride number 1..
The Drop! See how high this tower is! The high levels of adrenaline secreted for the 2 rides drained me out and I did not went for this ride. It was superbly scary! Serious! Seeing it from the bottom makes me want to faint. Hahaha. Paul, Sam and Joel tried this though. They are thrill seekers!

Thrill index: 6/5!

To not miss the fun of that tall tower, we went to try the miniature drop. HAHA! Bungle Drop. Dont be fooled by it's small size! It's not very scary but you still can get your dose of thrill!

Thrill index: 3/5 (It's quite good!)

Not very tall, but still worth a try!

Ok then there's this ride which waved around. It was not scary at all. HAHA. Maybe because I was seated in the middle.


Then we took a break and went for lunch, and I saw Sulli....poster. Haha.


My lunch. Didn't feel too hungry. Bulgogi Burger.

After lunch, we went to the indoor roller coaster. While waiting, my lunch got digested. I think this is one of the more popular rides indoors. And some Korean litte boys queued behind us. They were very cute! This particular boy asked Joel, Paul, Sam and I where were we from. They thought Paul didn't understand Korean, so they were discussing how to ask us where are we from in english. Then Paul just told them. And the little boy told Paul that he's handsome! 

This eleven year old boy was so active!

This indoor roller coaster is no joke! My head hurts because of the movement of the car.
Then we went to the Folk Museum. There are alot of figurines and I got tired walking! It's so big!

Parade

A group photo before Paul leaves.

Then the rest decided to take this water ride. I didn't want to get wet so I just stayed outside and waited. I felt superb tired. Don't know why.

 The water ride indoor.

Sam got drenched!! Below are some interesting photos in LotteWorld and its quite cool!

looking it from the front.

 From the side.

 Tore the picture?

 Toilet paper~

If only all the money was mine. haha. 


There were a lot of small kids on excursion! Cute!


My dinner. I took it cos I didn't have confidence in pronouncing it. HAHA. So I showed this to the casher.

Dinner.

We went back to out dorm, and I felt extremely tired. Time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment