Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 15 - 08 July (Kimchi Field Museum + KU Reception at Star Beer)

This week's exam was over, and today is friday, i.e no school!! Wanted to gym but met Daniel when I was out of my room and he told me that it closes at 9am. So yz, joel and I just met for breakfast at 10am and decided to go to COEX Mall after doing out laundry. Jun is out with his father and brother so he won't be returning back until late night.

Doing laundry took us, or rather yz and joel quite a fair bit of time cos there were no empty machines for them to use. We ended up meeting only at 1.45pm and went out to have out lunch before going to COEX Mall at Samseong Station. They were famished after doing laundry but I felt fine cos I had a bit of cookies while waiting for them, so I had only a kimbap for lunch.

 Bean Sprout Ramen and Kimbaps!!! The bean sprout ramen was ordered by mistake cos we wanted to be adventurous and try something which we do not understand! HAHA!

 Tuna, Cheese and Minced Pork Kimbaps! The minced pork kimbap was a surprise cos we ordered an unknown kimbap and it turned out to be minced pork. Pleasant surprise! It was very very delicious! The special thing about this kimbap is that they use red bean rice!

OK! So after lunch, it's like almost 3pm. And the Korea University Reception starts at 530pm? We still went ahead to COEX Mall. Went all the way from Anam to Samseong Station, which took us around 30mins or so. Was dead tired during the train ride.

 Welcome to COEX Mall! International brands everywhere, nothing much for me to buy. Departmental stores sell expensive souvenirs. But there's a duty free shop there!

COEX Mall has a few interesting stuff. They have a Kimchi Museum, Aquarium and a Mega Box (Cinema). We wanted to go to all three, but Aquarium cost like 17,500 KRW?! End up we went to the Kimchi Museum. You can find anything you need/want to know about kimchi inside! Entry fee: 3000KRW.

 Welcome to the Kimchi Museum!

 History of Kimchi behind me!

 The different types of Kimchi!

I think this is the types of plants used for kimchi? Not very sure. 

 Benefits of Kimchi. HAHA.

Thanks to miss receptionist who helped us took this picture. Though its a bit blueeee. The better picture is with yanzhi. 

The Kimchi Museum was quite small, so it didn't take us a lot of time. The next destination is to explore Megabox. Megabox is mega huge! You can never find such a large space dedicated for cinema in Singapore, cos Singapore's land is limited! So sad :( OH YA! And we passed by a McDonald outlet in COEX Mall, it's damn damn damn big!! Crazily spacious!!

 Entrance of Megabox. We didn't catch any movies there though.

SYX! This Doraemon is for you! LOL! 

Now the expensive Aquarium. We didn't go in. So we make do with it by taking photos from outside. hahaha.
Entrance. There are real fishes inside the glass structures.

 Cute little nemos and dorys inside.

Since the COEX Mall are mostly international brands, we didn't get much. Yz got a pair of slippers though. OH YA! There was this 3D exhibition by LG. They have 3D TV and Laptops! Damn cool. I wore the 3D specs and it's like watching 3D movies! But without the specs, all you see is blurred image, I'm not sure if it can be switched to normal view though.

Ok now for the rush hour train! MEGA SQUEEZY!! I inched through the passage way, inched down and up the stairs. Was so tired and the crowd isn't moving..

 SEE!!! Worst than Singapore!

Reached Anam Star Beer before 8pm. Didn't expect it to be so crowded. It's like clubbing. I don't really like it. Especially the smoke smell! It was fun though. Seeing how different people react to one another. Some girls are so crazy. And one of them actually went to hug a jap guy and danced with him. The jap guy wanted so badly to get rid of her but couldn't. Then there were dances by the ISC Buddies but there were too many people so I cant see anything. AND I have yet to meet my Buddy! I need to get to know more people from other countries! The good thing was that the food was good! The fried chicken! Taste like popcorn chicken from KFC! I had too many of that I think.

Look at the scene. Its like clubbing + smell = sian

Ok it's going to be a most anticipated birthday celebration tml with Jiamin! First time I'm celebrating my birthday out of Singapore! Tml is a shopping day!! I want ice creams!

No comments:

Post a Comment