Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 36 - 29 July

Today's weather is super good! There isn't rain throughout the whole day!!
We went Myeong-Dong today. Met yanzhi and joel at 11am at the kitchen before setting off. We went to Lotte Mart at Euljiro 1-ga. Initially we thought the Hypermart would sell some powdered form of ginseng chicken, but apparently it doesn't. They sell the whole chicken with the soup in it. Should I get that back home? Feel like eating that though. I think I should get 2 of that. LOL.

Ok. After a futile trip to Lotte Mart, we walked to Myeong-Dong to have our lunch. We finally had some Chinese food! And it tastes superbly nice! It's been a long time since I ate Chinese cuisine! But the price is a bit steep.

 Decoration of the restaurant.

 Getting ready to eat!

First comes the side dishes..


The appetizer. 凉面.

小笼包. Steamed pork dumplings! Dip it in the vinegar and it tastes fantastic!

Check this out! Mayonnaise shrimp!!! OMG!! NICE!! 

and... Garlic Chicken!!!! BEST!!!

Are you salivating already!?

Lastly, the noodles.

A happy complete meal!! YUM!!

After the wonderful meal, my level of happiness shot up! We then went to shop around. We went a lot of places that I totally have no idea where we went. Myeong-Dong is quite big, so it's no easy to locate a particular shop because there are millions of Faceshop, Etude House, Tony Moly, Skinfood around! I bought a few shirts and pants from SPAO. The quality is quite good. It looks like Korea's uniqlo.

As we shop, we saw Bee Cheng Hiang!

The 1,500won super worth it ice cream in Myeong-Dong. I had the green tea with vanilla yogurt flavor. I find it not bad for the money paid. Nice. Just that it melts quickly under the hot weather! I'm going to eat it again!

Then we went to meet Kenny at SPAO at around 630pm. It feels very uncomfortable when I have a phone but cannot call the other person. And even if there's wifi, I can't be sure that the other person has wifi. So it's like living in an era with no cell-phone. Went to the top of SPAO and saw the SM artistes products.

Super Junior

SNSD

SNSD

TVXQ

Super Junior

Kenny, Joel, Yz and I then went to shop around for masks. Kenny is seriously a big spender. He spent a lot on masks already. I pale in comparison. HAHA! But that's a good thing!! Luggage do not have so much space. I think I need to buy more apparels. At 730pm, Kenny left and we were supposed to meet Audrey and Co. but then we were too late for the meet up. Hence, we went to dinner on our own. Found this mega big pork katsu place.

This cheese pork cutlet is bigger than my face! Though it's quite thin, you will feel super filled after eating it (well, at least for me). Jun and Kenny probably wouldn't feel that. LOL!

This is the normal pork cutlet.

After a long day outside, I broke my record of going out from 11am till 11pm and walking around the whole day, only sitting down to rest during meal times. BEST! I'm so tired. And I need to revise for social psych soon. Maybe tomorrow evening after Insa-Dong-ing.

Time passes super quickly for me. Next week would be the last week of Summer. I've not visited every part of Seoul yet though. It's a bit ambitious to do that with so many lessons and work. Oh and I have not take much photos with people. HAHA. Almost all of my photos are food and scenery. I need to at least visit some  tourists visiting areas. And I hope to come Korea with my family and Rebel! I wish to master/ at least understand and be able to speak Korean before the next trip to Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment