Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 02 - 25 June 2011

Waiting for Yanzhi and Joel at Gate D.

Breakfast at Coffee Bean. English Muffin Sandwich.

They arrived and this is the bus which we are taking to Korea University. Stopping at Shinseol-Dong station.
 Airport Limousine to KU

The ticket which cost 10,000 KRW

Ok. After alighting from the bus, we were like 4km away from the University. And being super unfamiliar with Korea, we still decided to walk to KU. And after a long and tedious walk with the pushing of the luggage and  the asking of many passer-bys, we finally found our way. PHEW! Next time people who are going to KU and are taking this airport limousine, please just take a taxi, it won't cost much I bet. And please be reminded that KU has VERY steep slopes!

After the tiring slope climbing, we checked in and this is my hostel!!
 Room 403 bed 2

 The CJ-International House double room.

Took the wrong bed. Oops.

Ok. I did some unpacking and stuff. At around 240pm (korea time, SG 140pm), we head out of KU to explore. This is then we realised that we will have to climb this slope very often! For lunch, we decided to have Rice Story. Its just around the corner of Anam Station. Price wise, I feel that till now everything seems about similar to Singapore. So there isn't much difference just that we can't speak Korean.


 Kimchi fried rice.

 Look at how haggard am I.

Lunch was over and we head out to buy some necessities. We went to Apujeong, which I think was a big bad mistake by me. The supermarket is really awesome but the price there is similar to Cold Storage. So that's not what we wanted. However, we did buy cornflakes for breakfast!

 Their seasoning and sauces.

After some walk around the supermarket, I went to search for my pillow case because the dormitory's pillow has no pillow case and the pillow is not very clean. And since it's a very high class shopping mall, the cheapest pillow case I found was 12,000KRW! Sigh.

But nevermind, it's better than sleeping on something not that clean. Next we went to Dongdaemun. A place known for its shopping malls. Apparently some of the malls are under renovation, plus the weather is not very conducive - raining quite heavily. So I don't actually have the mood to shop around. Just idling here and there. But there are places where there are many many male clothes. But in my opinion, I don't find them extremely cheap. Just a little little bit cheaper than SG.

 Dongdaemun and me. HAHA.

Ok we actually spent 4hours walking around. And on top of that I have not enough sleep. My eyes were damn dry cos the cold wind just kept blowing into my eyes. So after the tedious tedious walk, we went back to Anam. Wanting to search for a place to have dinner, but then it came to us that we do not know the name of the food! And we went into one steamboat restaurant but don't know what the waiter was talking about, and left. Then we went to another restaurant and there was this lady who knew korean and english. So I asked for her help in helping us translate the food that was on the menu. And here we go, out dinner.

 Dumpling ramen, cheese ramen and spicy rice cakes!

Seems like Korean food is very spicy! Luckily it was very cold outside so it doesn't really hurt to eat some spicy stuff to make youself warm. Ok time is really running out. And I need to sleep badly. Tomorrow will have to wake up and get ready by 930am. Good night people. Annyeonghi jumuseyo!






No comments:

Post a Comment